Titanium Advanced 6" Woofer with 3" voicecoil, 4Ω. Hybrid magnet, Coppersleeve pole.
The Morel TiCW 634Nd Woofer is a highly advanced bass-midrange drive unit featuring many class leading innovations such as the Uniflow™ Aluminium diecast chassis (designed for maximum undisturbed airflow with minimal rear reflection), the unique Hybrid™ Neodymium / Ferrite mixed magnet assembly and the Coppersleeve Neolin Motor - also known as a Faraday shorting ring, the Coppersleeve pole gives 3 clear advantages:
1. Reduces impedance rise and increases sensitivity.
2. Reduces voice coil inductance, which minimizes non-linearity during operation.
3. Improves overall speaker performance across the frequency band.
In common with all Morel drive units, the drive system is superbly engineered featuring a Titanium voice coil bobbin and a large 3" voice coil wound with Hexatech™ Aluminum wire. Hexatech wire has an hexagonal cross section thereby eliminating the air gaps usually found in voice coils.
The frequency response is very well controlled to 4Khz with good off- axis characteristics. Power rating is 150w nominal and can withstand short term peaks of 1000 watts. A full datasheet can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
Also available in 8Ω - Morel TiCW 638Nd
- 3" Large Hexatech™ Aluminum voice coil
- High Xmax, Low Qts, Low Fs, High QMS
Uniflow™ Aluminum diecast chassis
- Injection damped composite polymer cone
- Hybrid™ Neodymium/Ferrite magnet system
- Coppersleeve Neolin Motor
- High power handling
|Resonant frequency (fs)
||Nominal impedance (Zn)
|Mechanical Q factor (Qms)
||DC resistance (Re)
|Electrical Q factor (Qes)
||RMS power handling
|Total Q factor (Qts)
|Equivalent volume (Vas)
Here's the full datasheet: